Notifications are messages sent out as text messages or via e-mail triggered by an event. It could be after an event ocurred, such as a started task, as a reminder before a planned event or when a planned event did not occur.
The notification feature is based on following parts:
- Create general message templates
- Add static receivers of notifications
- Add dynamic receivers of notifications
- Activating notifications
Create general message templates
Under Settings → Notifications in the top menu you can create the different notification messages you want to be able to send in different situations.
Here you name your notification; choose if it relates to an order task, activity, inspection or user; to what event it should be linked; how long before or after a reminder should be sent out and lastly you enter the actual message.
The possible variables available to add in the message will be visible when typing % in the text message field.
You can also add default reports as attachments to the notification
Add static receivers of notifications
Static receivers are receivers that are chosen to be receivers in advance.
To be able to send a notification to a static receiver it needs to be:
- Added as an active user (where the validity period has not expired)
- Assigned a role that is marked as notification receiver
- Have at least one added e-mail address and/or mobile phone number in its contact information.
Add dynamic receivers of notifications
Dynamic receivers are receivers that are generated when the notification is sent out, based on their contact role. To be able to send notifications to a dynamic receiver it needs to be:
- Added as a contact for a user, contract, customer, Avistaplace or organization unit.
- They also need to be marked as notification receivers, and have at least one added e-mail address and/or mobile phone number in its contact information.
See guide Contact information for details
Activating notifications is done by clicking the envelope symbol.
- For work shift notifications the envelope is found in user list for each user
- For Activities the envelope is found in activity list
- For Quality inspections the envelope is found in activity list
- For individual planned orders, including INSTA & Hygiene the envelope is found in order list
You can activate all planned orders for a customer or a contract by choosing the envelope on the corresponding row in the customer/contract list.
When clicking the envelope an input form will open where you can choose
- Notification message you want yo use.
- Select one or more receivers.
- Accept or change default reports for the message.